Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reflecting on 2009.......

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I went to New York City, I tried accupuncture, I have tried new recipes, amongst other things.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I honestly don't remember if I had a New Year's resolution for 2009
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes! My sister had her third child, Nathan Paul, and I was blessed to witness his first moments of life!
4. Did anyone close to you die?

Thankfully, no.
5. What countries did you visit?
Spain and France. I was in Canada, Italy and Germany but only for a few hours in the airports so it doesn't really count.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Patience and a sense of direction, AND listening to my gut feelings more.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 15th, when Nathan was born, July 10th when I arrived in Spain, a date in October when I got the BEST news from my best friend, and December 15th, when I left my beloved Spain.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting into the best shape I've been in since high school

9. What was your biggest failure? Falling out of shape due to a leg injury
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? YES, I think I have achilis tendonitis due to running but haven't gotten it checked out.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Hmmm.......have to think about that
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Julia's strength through the birth, Mandy's graciousness at the end of some very tough battles, Andrea's resiliance though a hard situation, and my Mommy's constant love and support!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Too many to detail

14. Where did most of your money go? Traveling and living in Europe
15. What did you get really excited about? Meeting my nephew, my entire time in Europe, seeing my family and friends and doggie after coming back to the US
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? So many, Ray LaMontagne, Black Eyed Peas,
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? More like indifferent now– thinner or fatter? Fatter – richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Research and preparation

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Ignoring my gut


20. How did you spend Christmas?

Relaxed at home in the Valley with mi familia
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Um, no
22. What was your favorite TV program?

I would have to say "Dona Barbara", a telanovela I would watch with my Spanish mother
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Don't think so
24. What was the best book you read? The Shack, The Twilight Series, and some mystery book in Spain that I forgot the name of
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Ray LaMontagne thanks to Dahveed
26. What did you want and get? From what? I wanted to live in Spain again and I did it!
27. What did you want and not get? A job
28. What was your favorite film of this year? New Moon!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 29, had a pretty good day thanks to those that were with me throughout the whole day
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A job for the 2nd half of the year
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? In the US - more chic and professional, in Spain - more relaxed and European
32. What kept you sane?
Emails and conversations with my family and friends

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hmmm.....not sure
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Healthcare reform
35. Who did you miss?
Everyone

36. Who was the best new person you met?

There are so many of them: Libby, Phillip, Rosie, pretty much everyone I met in Spain. Well, almost everyone.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009? That things don't always turn out the way you forsee them. And that I need to listen to my gut.
38. What are you most looking forward to in 2010? New adventures and hopefully finding the next direction of my life!

No comments: