Wednesday, November 25, 2009

TKD tournament and Sergio´s Karate

This weekend was the 2009 TKD Spanish International Open tournament and it was much bigger than I thought! My instructor, Santiago Maroño, is the president of the Madrid Federation of TKD and since it was held in Madrid, he was busy busy with all the teams and stuff going on. Here are some pictures of some female fighters, a Hip Hop/TKD performance that was done by some people from my gym that was very cool, Me and Ana as Mickey & Ana went with me to the tournament, and I´m trying to upload a video of a board breaking demonstration but so far not working. I will keep trying.




















Earlier in the day I went to see Sergio participate in his first Karate competition where he did very well and won his first round! Everyone got a medal and he was so excited. I love being able to talk with Sergio about martial arts and we even ¨play fight¨ a little now and then. It was very cute and reminded me of the kids in my class back home in CO.
Here is a link to the video of the demonstration some people from my gym did at the tournament. It's pretty cool!

No comments: